Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pieces of Michael

I.
I realized our chests were rising and falling
at the same time
during the movie at the good parts
when the sad parts came his breathing changed
suddenly we were out of sync
I don’t know why this is important
this moment of our time together
somehow I think it is
somehow it is all connected.

II.
He didn’t know it at the time,
but everything he said
I was tucking away into my memory.

He didn’t know it at the time,
but every time I met his eyes with my own
I had to remind myself to not fall for him.

He didn’t know it at the time,
but when he kissed me
I wanted to cry.

He didn’t know it at the time,
but when he held my hand
I wanted to be his.

He didn’t know it at the time,
but when he finally fell asleep
I had accidentally fallen for him.

III.
And when I looked up
I saw this boy playing his guitar
Singing songs I could not hear
Reminding me of the last time
I listened to him sing a song
About a girl that was his sunshine
Like the childhood tune
And I smiled at this boy playing his guitar
Like it was nothing
As I sat there in awe of nothing
Watching the music flow out
Changing into beautiful lyrics
That I could barely hear
And I smiled because this boy had a beard
And shaggy blonde hair
And it was like sitting with the past
Reminding me of good times
And then I smiled because
I saw out the corner of my eye
The one I came to see
Looking at me.

IV.
This movie was sad.
I didn’t cry, but he did.
He tried to hide it, but I told him not to.
I thought it was cute.
I actually thought it was probably
the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen from a man.
Tears.
Silent tears.
I wanted to kiss them away.


V.
He asked me what I was thinking about.
You, I replied.
He asked what about me?
And I said everything you say, every touch;
I tuck it away into my memory so I can write about it.
It is what I do.
Weird, I know.
Yeh kinda.
That was his reply.

2 comments:

  1. Silke. I’ve read both posts. Very touching... reminds me of the giddiness that comes with first love... cute... (smile)... thanks for sharing so openly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yes I debated about putting the diary-like post up, but I decided to and now whenever a friend reads these they same the same as you...first love. thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete