Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Stove Top Troubles

So about an hour and a half ago, I set off the building fire alarms because I was cooking and I hadn't realized the smoke in the apartment until the damn alarms were going off. I don't judge anything in our apartment by smells because our stove is old and it always smells like something is burning. From now on, I have decided to cook with all windows open, even if it is like 2 degrees outside! Earlier this year, my roommate, from Las Vegas, she burned her tofu in the microwave. I mean, can you even microwave that stuff? Is it allowed? I don't think it should be. Especially since she set off the alarms. Both of us have now had the fire department come to our building and had the building evacuated within one semester. I think our apartment is just not ment for us. Then again, maybe I just can't cook. I have made Hamburger Helper with raw meat, made a chicken and rice dish without the sauce, burned rice, boiled water right out of the pan, burned noodles, burned chicken (tonight also). I mean, seriously! I think that when the day comes for me to have to cook for my children or my husband or whatever, take out will be my savior. I clearly have no other choice. I can't even make muffins without burning them! haha...oh man.

No comments:

Post a Comment